Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Back to the old grind, with a new twist...

Mom was multitasking and carried me upstairs in the laundry basket...so cute
Little surfer girl
Another smiley picture in my bouncy seat
Hello to any residual readers I may have after a long blogging break.  It's even harder to blog now that I'm back to work, if that's even possible.  But, to catch you all up...

Since my last post, Lydia has passed a few milestones.  She has started to give a little laugh--it's just a little giggle, and it's not predictable, but it's the most beautiful sound in the world.  She also took her longest car trip--a 3-hour trip up to Grayling for Gina's hall of fame induction ceremony.  She passed with flying colors.  She has also started to take a pacifier, which made said car trip much easier for all of us.  She still spits the paci out a lot, but it's nice to have something to soothe her when the screaming starts.

The biggest milestone, of course (for both of us) was my return to work on May 6th.  I think it was a lot harder on me than on Lydia.  I cried when I left her, and was so excited to see her when I got home that I left my keys on the front seat of my car, with the doors unlocked, and didn't notice my mistake until the next morning.

Work was very busy, which was a good thing, I think.  I didn't really have a chance to focus too much on my absence from Lydie.  I have my mornings planned out to a tee.  I wash and blowdry my hair at night so that I can just straighten it in the morning.  I also lay out my outfit the night before.  I set the alarm for 6:30 and nurse Lydia until 7:00.  Then into the shower, straighten my hair and do makeup until 7:15, then back to top off Lydie's tank with more milk, then dress and out the door by 7:40.  I get to work by 8:00, pump at 8:40, clinic from 9-noon, pump and then lunch (often a lunch meeting), clinic from 1-5 (with a nursing break at around 3), and then race home to my girl.  Busy days...  Thank goodness it's only 3 days a week.

Sunday I celebrated my first Mother's Day.  It was very nice.  Don found a great card and bought 2 matching outfits for me and Lydia.  I know it's kind of silly, but I was very excited at the prospect of matching--I think it's so cute.  And they don't match exactly--they're just the same colors.  I also got some wonderful-smelling perfume.

And that does it...hopefully the next entry won't take this long

1 comment:

Gina said...

She kills me. I can hardly read this blog without wanting to buy a plane ticket home! Love you so much Lydie!