Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Belly down, butt up...

Today I tried and tried to write a blog describing the amazing community of mothers that I've joined since having Lydia.  I never knew it existed, and it's wonderful how much support and love other mothers have for each other.  However, I couldn't express this in words, and finally gave up...  

In its place, Don suggested that I blog about Lydie's new favorite sleeping position--belly down, butt up.  Since we moved her into her crib about a month ago, she's become a huge roller.  When we put her down on her back, she throws her legs into the air and rolls onto her side.  This side roll is often immediately followed by a roll onto her tummy.  Sometimes this shift seems to shock her; if she found herself on her belly during the night, she usually woke up and started to cry.  However, she's finally discovered that she likes this position.  There's nothing cuter than seeing her little face, red on one side with a little sheet crease etched into it, when she wakes up in the morning.  That's my girl :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

I think such cuteness requires some photodocumentation!

I'm still so impressed with Lydia's strength--in spite of our efforts, Allison Clare still won't roll over. In fact, what she has learned to do is to brace herself against our attempts!