I think we all tend to think back fondly on our high school years, and I do the same. Whenever I start thinking too fondly, though, I remember Class Night, when all the graduating seniors get together to hand out mock awards like "Best Hair" and make predictions about the future. There were the nice parts--I won "Most Respected" and "Most Likely to Succeed"; the funny parts (completely inaccurate predictions)--"In 5 years, Yolanda Rosi will be on TV in a political debate"; and the mean part (Class Wills)-- "We, the class of '93, will Yolanda Rosi the ability to have a good time". Funny how you can't forget the mean parts.
Still, I think tonight will be lots of fun. I've been to both the 5-year and the 10-year reunions, and it's always nice to catch up. I've gotten a lot more comfortable with myself over the years, and I'm sure everyone else has grown up too. We've been sending out email updates, and it's been great fun to read about the lives and adventures that everyone has had since 1993. I feel like my life has turned out pretty well, so I look forward to a stroll down memory lane tonight and tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
I'm waiting to hear about how the reunion went - update please! :-)
Hope you had a great time!
I love everything you said! We had our 10 year a while ago and I had many of the same thoughts. I think when you graduated with classes as small as ours were it is even harder...everyone "knows" who everyone was, they just didn't really "know" you. If that makes sense! I hope it was winderful! I look back and laugh at all the stuff I thought was so tragic then. If only I had know....high school doesn't compare to what it is like to have to get soy formula out of a shirt you need for the Christmas party you are already late for...now that is a real crisis:)
Post a Comment