Tuesday, September 16, 2008

That age...

I'm getting to be that age...you know, the one where everyone starts having kids.  On Saturday, we went to a housewarming party, and EVERYONE had kids.  As we were walking in, we saw a man carrying 2 babies in his arms.  "Awww...twins", we said.  Then we saw his wife, carrying baby number 3--Triplets!!!  Inside, it was more of the same, baby after baby, 2-year-olds, 3-year-olds.  The oldest child there was probably around 7.  It's hard to say if the kids outnumbered the adults, but they probably came close.  Looking around, I realized that things have definitely changed.  I like it, but it's different.  There were never a lot of drunken bashes in my past, but I have a feeling that there will be far fewer in my future.  And if there are, I'm guessing I'll be the designated driver :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

The shift is kind of shocking. Everything comes in cycles, I guess. When I was in the midst of the wedding cycle, I got invited to 12 weddings in 1 year.