Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Easter morning today went just as I had hoped it would.  Last night, I went to Target and bought Lydia an adorable Easter basket, a little yellow bunny, and a new book, Where are Baby's Easter Eggs?  After Lydia fell asleep, Don and I dyed some eggs.  That was definitely a "Do it while baby sleeps" job.  Our little bug can make a mess like no one I've ever seen.  

This morning, I made some Easter pancakes, pouring the pancake batter into cookie cutters to make little tulips, bunnies, eggs, and butterflies.  Very cute, after I discovered that I needed to keep the cutters around the batter until the pancake was totally formed.  Otherwise, I got some pancake blobs.  

After the pancakes, I hid the eggs in easy-to-find locations, and we put Lydia to work.  I had hoped that Lydia would like finding the eggs, since she loves to sort things and put things in containers.  It was even better than I could have imagined.  Once she got started, she was so excited.  She ran around the living room with her little basket full of eggs, looking for more eggs.  As the basket got heavier, her breathing became more labored, but she didn't want any assistance.  Totally adorable!  Don videotaped the whole thing, and I can't wait to see what he does with it.  

These are the days that stick in your head, I think.  I don't think I'll ever forget this Easter.  I'll always be able to remember Lydia's excited face and hear that labored breathing.  Happy Easter, everyone!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Happy Easter! How sweet. :)

Julie said...

Happy Easter! It sounds like everybody had a great time. I pretty much let this one slide -- the nights of staying up all night took their toll. I considered it a minor miracle that we all made it to church on Sunday.