I really thought she was going to come last night. I was contracting fairly regularly all evening, and the contractions continued after I went to bed. I couldn't sleep until 4 or 5 this morning, but still she didn't come. This waiting game is the most frustrating thing about pregnancy. I could easily get by without ever having an ultrasound, without knowing the sex, provided that I could know exactly when I was in labor and know when the baby was going to come. This waiting and uncertainty drives me crazy. She could come tonight, or she could come a week from now.
Poor Don is waiting too. He didn't go to the HUGE Michigan-Notre Dame game today because he wants to make sure that he's around for all the important moments. His mom is staying with us this weekend, and she's anxiously waiting for baby as well. Only Lydia, Lola, and Otis are blissfully unaware. Ah, how I envy them!
These last days of pregnancy leave me so uncertain, and I wonder...Is she too big to come out? If I contract too much, is her blood supply going to be low? Is she going to have a posterior presentation like Lydia did, and will the contractions and pushing be really painful? What if this labor is completely different, and I don't realize that she's ready to come out until she's actually coming? Last time was so fast--I wasn't having anything, and then all of a sudden my water broke, contractions started coming every 4-5 minutes, and so quickly transformed into the worst back labor in the world. What if the contractions are really more like tough menstrual cramps like all the books say? Maybe I'm not going to know she's coming. What if? What if? For a worrywart like me, these are the worst questions to have. Even when I'm exhausted and probably could fall asleep, they plague me. I wake up to check google on my iphone, seeing what wisdom I can glean from postings on babycenter and other message boards. Ridiculous!
So let's hope that the walk Don and I took around the block helps us out tonight. Maybe I'll have him try out some labor-inducing pressure points. And fingers are definitely crossed. And so we wait...
6 comments:
Oh my, that sounds awful! You should rent Season 8 of Friends and watch the last two episodes of that season - laughter will help! And, it's a similar situation with a much funnier spin!
Good luck!
Now we're all waiting too . . . be sure to keep us updated! :)
wow, i started getting anxious reading this... :P but i hope she comes soon, and that everything goes smoothly! :)
Come out, Baby! We are waiting for you!
Hang in there, Yo. I'm sure she'll be out soon.
You still have readers! I hope she comes soon so you can just relax and enjoy her!
Maybe the little one has arrived (it is now 2 days after your post)? How exciting!
Post a Comment