
This title reminds me of my only experience with Waiting for Godot, which I know is a classic. My experience, however, was a bit different. I went out to Minnesota to visit my friend Carb during medical school. We decided to do something cultural, so we caught a performance of Waiting for Godot at a local theatre. It was TERRIBLE, and we couldn't leave because there were only about 10 of us in the audience. I haven't been able to tackle it since. But I digress...
Waiting for Baby has become the new story of my life. In the past two weeks, I've had at least 3 days when I was positive that I was in labor, only to have it end and start waiting again. They've started a pool at work, guessing the date, weight, length, and sex of our little one. The latest date on there is February 22nd, which is still within the realm of possibility (barely). I'll be at 42 weeks on the 22nd, which would mean mandatory induction. I don't know if I could possibly wait that long, but I've got clinics planned until then, with back-up staff for each clinic.
Last night Don and I tried the Indian food and beer hypothesis--I've heard of at least 2 women who had success with it. It didn't work. This baby just seems to want to stay put. But we're so ready and so excited to see him/her; it's driving us crazy! The clothes are washed, the room is ready (see Don's handiwork at http://donhelfrich.com/baby), the diapers are all set, the carseat is in the car and has been inspected, my bags are packed and ready.
My body is ready too. Barely anything fits any more. My belly is straining against my top today, and it's so hard to get up from a sitting or lying position. The swelling has become fairly significant--I have no ankles at night (ugh!), despite the fact that I've worn support stockings daily throughout the pregnancy. The picture shows what I looked like 2 days ago...yuck! Maybe I'll try to take a picture of my ankles later and post it. I actually have pitting edema extending up my shins. Come on baby! We want to meet you RIGHT NOW!!!
1 comment:
Awww, Yo, I still think you look beautiful. And you don't look swollen at all! Just in your belly, right where it should be :)
Post a Comment