So last night I decided that we should start Lydia's night-time routine, as all of the books on sleep suggest that it's very important. At nine pm, we gave her a bath, followed by application of baby oil and a massage, then pajamas. Don then read her a book, and I read a book and then nursed her. I had great hopes for the experiment. Lydia would sleep for maybe 5 straight hours, waking only to nurse and then fall right back asleep. It was not to be...
She seemed to enjoy the bath and the massage. The pjs were tough, but she never really likes having that big gown put over her head. She seemed to like it while Don read, but started getting a little grouchy during my book. And the grouchiness continued...I finished my book while breastfeeding, let her get her fill on both breasts, and prepared to put her down. Nothing doing...she loudly announced her displeasure, and I put her back on, tried different positions, and finally was able to put her down at around 11:15. She was up again at 12:15, and after that never seemed to be pleased. She grunted and grouched through the night, allowing her poor parents maybe an hour or two of sleep at most.
I haven't given up, though. We'll try out the bedtime routine again tonight and tomorrow and the next day. You haven't gotten the best of me yet, young Lydia!
Thursday, March 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yo bear,
What else is going on?!?! I check this all the time, and I get so sad when there are no updates :(
Soooo excited to see you again! Mom says she's just lovely (but I already knew that).
xoxoxo
Post a Comment