Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Sooooooo big!

Yesterday we took Lydia in for her one month check-up.  We knew she had gained weight, but were pleasantly surprised to see that she tipped the scales at 9 pounds, 3.5 ounces...  She's gained 2 whole pounds since she was born!  She's looking bigger all the time now and has outgrown many of her newborn clothes.  Her little cheeks have become almost hefty, and her belly is positively rotund!  

We had a very nice weekend.  Mom came down on Saturday for a visit, bearing with her a chocolate chip cheesecake in honor of my birthday (March 12).  She got to spend lots of time with Lydia, who is definitely on the verge of cracking a true social smile.  She's making an effort, it seems, but her smiles are still not reliable.  Dr. Sears, who has become my new go-to source of information on everything baby-related, says that these smiles are not gas smiles, but probably signify that baby is generally content with the world.  That being the case, Lydia is a happy baby.  Nat was supposed to come on Saturday as well, but was delayed due to weather and didn't come in until Sunday.  He got to spend a lot of time with his little niece as well, leaving just a few hours ago.  

On Sunday night, Don hosted a birthday party in celebration of my 33rd and Lydia's one-month birthdays.  It was very nice, and a wonderful time was had by all.  

I don't know if anyone is reading this blog except for Gina, but I'll sign out now and then come back and post some pictures from my camera.  There haven't been very many lately, as I'm usually using Don's camera.  He continues to post pictures at his webpage: http://donhelfrich.com



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this blog, and I LOVE it. You're also the hottest blogger in the blogosphere.

Your loving husband,
Don

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed keeping up with your new adventures! You are certainly ahdnling everything like a seasoned pro:)
I am so thrilled that you are loving being a mom so much!
She is adorable!
brion

kohffeine said...

i read this too! :D

Julie said...

Lydia is quite the overachiever!

Emma said...

I read it too!