


Yesterday we returned from a restful week up in Old Mission. We had a wonderful time with my parents, my brother Nat, and, for the last 2 days, my Grandma Mayme, Uncle John, and Aunt Kathy. Traveling has definitely become a bigger deal. It took several hours to assemble all the necessities--2-3 Lydia outfits per day, plus a set of daily PJs, disposable diapers, nasal aspirator, nail clippers, shampoo, combs, 2 towels, blankets, bathing suit, beach towel, a few books, a few toys, her Pack & Play, the video monitor and receiver, the audio monitor and receiver, some bottles and breastmilk just in case, her HandySitt chair for eating, baby spoons, some baby dishes...Phew! I prepared her stuff while Don got the 2 dogs and their gear ready and into the car. Nothing easy about these trips any more. We look like the Beverly Hillbillies in our stuffed car. Soon we'll have to start using the roof :)
Still, once we got there, it was very relaxing. There's something wonderful about not having internet access and not having television. I don't think I checked my email for at least 4 days, and when I did finally check in (via my Palm Treo), I was angry that I had--the real world is so intrusive. It's so much nicer to lounge in the hammock, lie on a sheepskin rug watching Lydie play, go for a long swim with Don, go for a slow and leisurely stroll, or put Lydie in her little wading pool. We played lots of board games--I'd say at least 2 different games per day. 3 were new successes--Ticket to Ride (an excellent train game); the new Balderdash; and Apples to Apples. The last game was a resurrected hit--Acquire, which is great fun.
Lydia becomes more and more of a little girl all the time. She can scoot across the floor with ever-increasing speed, and is becoming more and more of a little comedian. She now loves to blow raspberries and makes this little lizard face with a strange sound. She is such a pleasant and agreeable baby. I've included a couple of cute pictures.
4 comments:
There finally comes a point where you just have to start leaving doubles of things at the places you visit the most. I borrowed a pack and play of my girfriends and we left that in Grayling, along with extra bottles, bath stuff, two sets of clothes, pj's...it just makes it all a little easier! It is hard to believe I can actually just get in the car with my purse now!! It goes by fast! Oh,I starte da blog for Benjamin..it is benjaminhenrythompson.blogspot.com
I was looking forward to pictures of Lydia in / near the water :)
Wow--I can see a really big difference in these pics . . . she's getting so big! And with those adorably chunky baby thighs. :) Isn't it amazing how fast they move on from one clothing size to another (leaving a slew of not-worn-enough cute clothese behind)?
I wish we had taken some water ones this time...we just didn't take any this time.
Post a Comment