Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Confessions of a "getting there" domestic goddess
So, I prepared all said meals as described--we had the grilled mushroom sandwiches on Sunday (won't be repeating), the oven-baked Greek shrimp on Monday (delicious; definitely a keeper), the farro risotto with butternut squash, ham, and sage yesterday (also delicious). Motivated by all the cooking I was doing, I decided to whip up some risotto for Lydia using the remains of the butternut squash, chicken broth, and some ground-up brown rice I had in the refrigerator for her. She loves it. I even managed to make some spelt lemon poppyseed muffins on Monday, and have been reaping the rewards in the form of warm muffins every morning for breakfast (yum). Today Don made the crockpot fajitas, also delicious, and we'll either have leftovers or crockpot mac & cheese tomorrow. I think being prepared helped tremendously. We'll try it again next week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Impressive. I've been on a cooking strike for the past 5 weeks. I have people bringing me meals every other day for the next week or so, but then I'm back to cooking. It was nice to be off of dinner duty for a while.
That's awesome. It's always the planning and shopping stage that makes or breaks my upcoming week meal plans.
I failed last week. No shopping, so no meals. Well, I did make it to Sam's club, so we were able to have some stuff, but definitely not the quality of the previous week. Baby steps, right?
Post a Comment