She continues to eat well. She still loves her Cheerios, but she really eats everything we put in front of her. She eats incredibly large quantities, it seems. Sometimes I mix up some cereal and fruit or some other dish, thinking that she couldn't possibly finish it all, but she does. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving, as she'll be able to try some mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, veggies, and pumpkin pie. Yum!
She seems to have a greater and greater understanding of words. Her verbalization is still fairly limited. She says "Mama", but usually only when she's crying. She says "Dada" more frequently, probably because "da" is her favorite sound. So she says "Dodge" for dog, "Dut" for duck, and "Dat" for cat. Most of the time she repeats what we say, but she has, unprompted, looked at Lola and said "Dodge" and has looked at her duck and said "dut". One of my favorite things to do with her is to lie on the bed with my belly showing and ask "Where is mama's belly button?" She then sticks her finger in my belly button and giggles. I can also cover my belly button with my shirt or pants, and she will lift or lower the clothing item to point at my belly button. She loves this game, and it's hard not to laugh at her, especially because it kind of tickles to have a baby's finger in my belly button.
I'm really looking forward to the holiday. We'll be spending it with my family up in Old Mission. My sister Gina hasn't seen Lydia since early July, and Nat hasn't seen her since late August, so they're in for a big surprise. I can't wait.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
2 comments:
This is so impressive--our friends' baby is two months older than AC and still doesn't say words on his own. :) I guess that would make him about 5-6 weeks older than Lydia? But he was a few weeks early, as was AC. Allison Clare is nowhere near talking, though she does say "mama" when she's hungry . . . but not because she's calling me--it's just her hungry sound, more like "amamamama."
Wow! Wow! Wow! Lydia just seems to hit every milestone earlier than expected and with such aplomb.
Post a Comment